June 17, 2012

props to the best man ever - Papa Bear!


Have I ever mentioned how awesome my Dad is??  I've always known, but little moments lately have really opened my eyes to it much more than normal.


Awesome Dad moments:


Taking it upon himself to go on a total life-changing diet and still sticking with it after starting months ago.
He's looking so healthy, energetic, and just happier now.
This one is pretty neat to me since my Dad has now
become all the more of a role model!

Along with the diet, he's also taking it upon himself to help my mom out more with household chores.
This makes me the absolute happiest of anything.  The
moment came when I was home and watching him do
laundry.  He usually never does it, so I asked why.
Response: "Just so your mom doesn't have to always do
it, and keep going up and down the stairs."  Right after
that, I watched him clean out the cat's litter box [another
thing he never does].  Totally sweet, right??

Unbeknownst to me, he wanted to make a little trek up to my new apartment with my mom to check it out, aka make sure the building won't crumble and/or burglars won't do horrible things to me/my stuff.
To be fair to Papa Bear, I am his first born AND his only
daughter.  That special place-in-heart that everyone has
has gotta be filled by me!  ;)

Lastly, he's somewhat changed how he hugs me.  They've always been perfectly good, but now the hugs are lasting longer.
Could be that I recently graduated from his alma mater.
Could be that boyfriend Owen is exactly the man he's
always wanted for me.  Could be that he's been thinking
about his future grandchildren [......YEP].  Whatever the
reason, it's been totally appreciated and enjoyed!

So, here's to you, Papa Bear!
On a day dedicated to fathers, you certainly take the cake!

 <-- look at that handsome man!

No comments:

Post a Comment